Thinking of joining the Aqua Comms Team?
Careers at Aqua Comms
Office base: Aqua Comms Office (Dublin), Aqua Comms Cable-Landing-Station (Mayo) travel required
This position will involve the smooth operation of the Aqua Comms Network under the
supervision of the Head of Operations who is responsible for the Network Operation. The
role is varied and demands a totally flexible approach to all tasks associated with this
position. The successful candidate should be comfortable working within an expanded and
very fast paced team environment.
The role will report directly to the Head of Operations or named management position within
the CTO area. The primary interfaces within the CTO area will be the operations team
including supporting partners. Outside of this team, the interfaces will be divided between ad
hoc contractor teams, the engineering team, the provisioning team, the legal compliance
team, as well as the finance team and various members of the C-suite.
Applicant must have a full drivers licence.
Network Operations / Service Delivery
a. Support of operations and maintenance of Aqua Comms global network
- Assisting in customer test & turn-up
- Customer circuit trouble shooting with the aid of industry standard test
- Liaising with Aqua Comms NOC Engineers and providing updates internally
- and externally
- Report writing and creating / maintaining inventories
- Assisting in the management of a full Planned Preventative Maintenance
- Network installations (remote and local where necessary)
- Monitoring and training of other members of staff when applicable.
- Contractors and visitors will be inducted and periodically monitored when
- they are on site. Permit to Work documentation will be raised prior to
- commencement of work and closed upon completion; this will usually involve
- requesting and assessing Method Statements, Risk Assessments and /or
- Back-Out Plans.
- Non-routine duties will be allocated as deemed necessary.
- Onsite management of contractors working at the Killala CLS
- Monitoring of the AEC backhaul route
- Local liaison around all CLS issues
- Working across all company sections to ensure that the Service Levels
- expected by customers are met within strict, defined timescales.
- Liaising with the customer’s management team and working with their
- operational staff in order to maintain excellent relationships and optimum
- network performance.
- 24/7 on call point of contact for crisis response management, as well as priority alarm
- notifications and dissemination to all relevant stakeholders.
- A practical approach to routine and extraordinary maintenance. This may include
- tasks such as opening manholes, assisting civils crews with fault location and taking
- part in marine operations as a client representative.
- Regularly capable of working after hours, at weekends and in different jurisdictions.
Essential Skills & Experience (key competencies)
Experience in optical networks and technical facilities required
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an operational environment in a medium to large scale
carrier / ISP would be a definite advantage.
Experience in a role with hands on complex Technical problem solving as a daily occurrence
Degree in Engineering related field – preferably Telecomms / Datacomms
A solid understanding of SONET/SDH principles is required
Ciena experience an advantage
Ethernet & TCP/IP & OSI experience is a distinct advantage
CCNA/CCNP or equivalent a distinct advantage
Optical network installation and troubleshooting skills will be advantage
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Excellent written and communication skills
Creative problem solving abilities
Knowledge of network monitoring and other administrative tools
Knowledge of networking technologies and protocols.
Strong PC skills.
To register your interest in any future positions, please send your CV to email@example.com
We would love to hear from you
Do you have any questions or comments? Why not get in touch with us today.Contact Us